Name Change Task Force
Created by the 2021 Annual Meeting of Delegates
The 2021 delegates approved the following statements.
To be truly inclusive of the diversity of our 110,000 members and over 400 local associations, MTA shall immediately:
MTA President to appoint a Task Force to develop a democratic process and a work plan with the goal of changing the name of MTA in three years to honor our commitment to full inclusion of all members.
The goals of the Name Change Task Force are to:
- Organize a process for engaging members about the MTA name.
- Encourage inclusiveness to all MTA local associations and look into the impact of a name change on the locals.
- Create a timeline for the research and steps for name change work.
- Estimate cost associated with process for each fiscal year.
- Submit a report to the MTA Board of Directors each year of the task force.
Chair: Yahaira Rodriguez
Staff Consultant: Rebecca Yee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Consultant: Jennifer Freeling, email@example.com
Staff Assistant: Caroyln Himottu, firstname.lastname@example.org